• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear lift options

XJ_Vikings

NAXJA Forum User
Right now i have a 4" kit with add a leaf in back, i plan on going to 6.5" this summer. I have the front all worked out but im a little unsure about the rear. I would like to (cost wise) just add 2.5" of lift but i dont know if i can do what well. Id rather not add too much in a block due to axle wrap, but i immagine i can go ~1" without issue. I would also go shackles, obviously, but i dont know which shackles to go with or what length. I have heard people saying 4.5" packs and 1.5" shackles give them 5" of lift, which clearly doesnt add up. Is it normal to sag that much? If so what should i go with, id rather spend the money and buy the 6.5" pack then have a horrible rear end, but if i can get away with keeping the leafs i have now i will. Ideas, suggestions??

a 3.5" RE pack should net you around 5" of lift

teraflex shackles give the most lift that i've seen. they're super-beefy and provide 1.75 inches of lift.
about 70 bucks. they include top bushings, grease fittings, and bolts for the rear spring eyes.
oldshacklevsnewshacklejpeg2vx.jpg

its a cameraphone pic, but i think you get the idea.
on stock XJ springs, shackles are a bad idea. those stock packs are very soft. on aftermarket packs i wouldn't worry too much. i'd stay away from blocks.

This seems to be coming up alot lately. Talk to some of the vendors who advertise on naxja here, about the new RE 5.5" XJ leafs. You can get them around $150 a leaf, and with a 1.5" shackle sit at your 6.5" (7", but have room for load, bumper, etc..). Leaf's wear out, its just not worth messing around with old leafs with an add a leaf already to try and get the height you want. In the end, dropping $300 will be less trouble than the time you spend trying to get it right.

-C

Back