• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do know if this has ever been said...lift hieghts

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if this has ever been brought up but here it goes....

When folks are posting about anything involving lift height can you please mention the actual measured hieght?? Ive read alot of good posts where actual hieght is pertinent, but all thats listed is the make and advertised lift (ie. RE 3.5, or Rusty 4.5). As we all know lifts vary in actual lift vs. advertised, and sometimes the same lift gives different results on different jeeps.
I would assume the easiest method would be to use the standard bottom of the flare to wheel centerline method, 17.5 f & 17 r. Of course those with cut fenders cant figure that one out too easily. So, should we use another spec for cut fender guys?? Is there another factory spec, like uni-body to spring mount we could use??

Thanks for listening.

The factory specs are not to the flares. For the rear, the factory measures from the top of the axle tube to the bottom of the frame "rail" just inboard of the bump stop. Don't recall what they measure for the front, but I'm sure it has been posted somewhere.

I trimmed my fenders front and rear to the bottom of the lip that comes out of the panel. That is 2 inches from the bottom of the flare. So now I use 19.5 and 19 F&R as stock numbers. I would like a frame measurement though is some one has one. Hope that helps.

Good info in that link on the subject....

Like I said I just wanted to ask if folks can put their true height in the posts, not advertised. I know the flare method isnt factory, just a standard used by alot of xj owners. It looks like the factory frame measurement is exactly what I had in mind.

fordtech said:
Good info in that link on the subject....

Like I said I just wanted to ask if folks can put their true height in the posts, not advertised. I know the flare method isnt factory, just a standard used by alot of xj owners. It looks like the factory frame measurement is exactly what I had in mind.

As long as your axle tubes are the same dia. as stock.

Back