• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

air box sensor?

91Limited

NAXJA Forum User
alright quick question. i kinda did a half assed search(hey no reaming me this is my 100th post :laugh3: )

ive got 2 prongs on my airbox. looks like theres supposed to be a connector for a sensor...Is there supposed to be one? i kinda hope so cuz maybe thats why my gas mileage aint that great.

thanks for any help.

91 XJ 4.0/AW4/power everything

91Limited said:
alright quick question. i kinda did a half assed search(hey no reaming me this is my 100th post :laugh3: )

ive got 2 prongs on my airbox. looks like theres supposed to be a connector for a sensor...Is there supposed to be one? i kinda hope so cuz maybe thats why my gas mileage aint that great.

thanks for any help.

I could be the cause, there vacuum connections
88vacnames.jpg

Last edited:
Half marks - Langer, that's for RENIX. He's HO...

There may or may not be a thermal vacuum switch in your airbox, that's supposed to switch vacuum to the intake heater door. It's on RENIX, I'm not sure if it's on HO. I've got a 1991FSM, and I can check when I get home (I'm in class right now.)

If you'd like me to look for you, please PM or email a reminder for me. If I don't get around to looking it up to-night, I've got research and design work to do to-morrow anyhow, and I can do it then.

5-90

91Limited said:

thanks for any help.

Back