• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift question

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering. i know about setting up the rear driveshaft with SYE on lifted jeeps, but at what time do you have to start worrying about the front driveshaft and what do you do to correct it???

I was told the front Driveshaft was okay to about 7-8" of lift...but I think you would not want to push it past 6", flex and things of that sort.

Depends on how high your going.

Lowering your caster angle increases the angle of your pinion, thus (theoretically) eliminating UJ bind.
I'm at 5" and have no front vibes but I've dropped my caster down to 5.5 degrees by shimming the LCA's. My steering still self-centers and I don't have any other steering issues. Dead, non-centering steering is usually a side effect of reducing caster.

In my experience, I would say that running much higher on stock arms is going to screw with your steering or cause vibes.

Good write up on Adjustable contol arms here: http://www.opiebennett.com/upperdrrveshaft.htm

Andre

I'm running about 7" of lift on a stock front shaft with no problems.

Back