• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Sterring Problems

Kudzu

NAXJA Forum User
Okay have a 2001 I have has this odd vibration in the steering wheeel that is sort of like a power steering fluid low sound. The pump and pully, High pressure side line have alll been replaced about 6 months ago. Sounds never really went away and they swear it will not do it when they have it. But it is getting worse...SO drained the fluid..it was burnt...put soem lucas in and it still does it...I am having the pump and gear box replaced this time. Any suggestions as to what else might be causeing this??? Other that putting the low pressure lline on...

Once you burn stuff it is never the same. You might have burnt something in the pump. I would replace the pump and flush the steering gear and re use it.

Make sure you put a cooler on it this time. I have been using the auto tranny HD factory cooler on our stuff. Ii mounts nice to factory holes and does the job well. If you're using one for the tranny already you're out of luck but if not it's a nice option.

mark
orgs mfg

Back