• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing new leafs

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, I'm goin to be getting my lift springs tomorrow. My questions are, what kind of shims show I go with. Also how has everyone else installed their lifts, since a jack just isn't goin to cut it. I have some ideas, but would like to see what others have done.

Right now I have 3" lift with 2" blocks. SYE kit and a D44

How much total lift? what rear end, auto or manual, what transfer case? Who made the springs?

You didnt ask a very clear question, and didnt provide many details for us to figure out what you were looking for.

With your average 4-6" lift and an SYE, most people end up running about a 4* shim.

Didn't realize I didn't include the lift height. They are Rusty's 6" leafs. I didn't think the tranny and T-cause made a differance really, but it is auto with selec-trac.

I put in a 4* shim on my 44 temporarily until I could get the perches rotated. I sit at about 7" and it was pretty close, I'd start there.

Back