• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D60 5 lugs Donor

Nestor

NAXJA Forum User
Hi Guys,

I`m owner of XJ`96 With D44 r/f 5 lugs and I was wondering to set up a D60 but I won`t change my rims. There are 5 X 5.5 bolts patterns and I`m trying to looks for donor that get match. The width most be 60 ¾” or around.

Does any body knows??

Thank`s in advance...

Nestor

Hemi Cuda...60" wms-wms 5 on 4.5 More rare than chicken lips. Even more rare is one with disc brakes.

You also have semi float van rear axles...ford definitely used them. Some J-20's came with semi float 5 lug 60's as well...BUT they may be offset....not 100% sure.

What you are looking for is the 60-2 out of an late 60's early 70's J-20 jeep truck.35 spline semi-float, off-set approximately 6" to the passenger side, 5 on 5.5", but is 66" wide, so you just have to narrow one side. Great axle to move up too, excpet it has pretty small axle tubes for a 60, so if you really wanted you could truss or re-sleeve it. Done this to a few different jeeps, but I don't have pics.

Could I possible get lockers to this D60-2 or definitely I have to search a Ford D60 and change my rims and bolt patters front end….

Yes any 35 spline locker for a Dana 60 will work.

International pickups and travelalls (half ton) sometimes used semi floating D60. I robbed the drivetrain out of a '75 travellall and ended up with a D60 rear, D44 front, NP205 divorced t-case, and a 727 tranny that fits bigblock dodge. Axles are 5 lug but with the larger pattern. If memory serves front axle is 1.5 in. wider than my xj and rear is 3 in. wider than my xj.

mountainmaggot said:
International pickups and travelalls (half ton) sometimes used semi floating D60. I robbed the drivetrain out of a '75 travellall and ended up with a D60 rear, D44 front, NP205 divorced t-case, and a 727 tranny that fits bigblock dodge. Axles are 5 lug but with the larger pattern. If memory serves front axle is 1.5 in. wider than my xj and rear is 3 in. wider than my xj.
Yeah, you beat me to it. The only thing is the axles are 30 spline, same as the 44 so, all you'd gain is a bigger ring and pinion (if you were thinking as an upgrade compared to a 44).........Hans

Back