• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fog lights for a '00

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
The fog lights in my '00 are rusted out. I am considering some stock ones from jeepsareus.com.

However, I would like to know if anyone has put a non-OEM light down there and had it work well.

What Type?

Pictures?

Mounting Problems?

Thanks! :thumbup:

I was wondering this also, I want to put some new fog lights in place of the stock OEM's, but how much wattage is too much. Or should I jsut run some new wire, and harness anyhow.

ChryCo is second only to Ford in skimping on load harnesses (don't ask how I know...)

Fog lamps should not be fitted with bulbs to provide more output tho - that's not their purpose. A mild amber beam will cut through/under fog much more readily than a bright amber beam - if you want more light thrown out, switch to a driving light.

I think the Hella 550's are going to be close to the OEMR fogs in appearance, and will certainly be a better lamp!

If you're going to want to go to a driving light and a brighter bulb, you'll definitely want to do new wiring - at least from the battery to the relay, and from the relay to the lamps (there's no need to upgrade the wiring from the switch to the relay.) If you figure out what you're looking for, post back and one of us can advise you on wire gage to use.

5-90

Here is my 2000 with some Wally world cheepies.

DSCF0042.jpg

Back