• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Complete Gasket Kit

GoliathJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I found a complete gasket kit on northern auto parts site for $44.00 and some change. Sweet deal. I know. But it's for a 258. Not a 242. My question is. Will this kit work on my 1997 242?, or, does anyone know where I can get a kit for my motor this CHEAP? I need it soon so a lot of help would be appreciated.

In a word - no. I'm fairly sure the head gasket bores are different (the OEMR 4.0 HG bore is 4.000, but I'm not sure what the 258 is. Bores are 3.875/3.750" for the 242/258) and the valve cover gaskets are probably different as well.

I'm not sure of a source for full gasket kits right now - I've not needed to look for one recently...

5-90

You're not - but I get good deals at my local, and while I'm not often "in a hurry," there are times I am - and my local can usually get anything they DON'T have in a couple hours to overnight.

It's been so long, I don't recall what I paid for the last gasket kit I got - but I'm inclined to think it was around $60-65. Nice getting Jobber rates, finally... In this area, I'll take all the financial help I can earn...

5-90

Call Northern Auto Parts!!!!!!!
I have bought 4.0 gasket sets from them.

Its an 800 number - why waste your time posting on the net????

Back