• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with front hitches?

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a hitch that im going to use for a front hitch. Id just like to see a picture of one you can buy, so I have an idea on the mounts.

I bought the drawtite from etrailer.com. It fits and works great. 3 bolts on each side, 2 of them use the swaybar mount, the 3rd you have to drill. I'll get you some pictures later tonight. BTW I have 2000 Sport.

I have one on my 99classic, got it from etrailer- NOT the hidden hitch one and it works great and tucks up nicely. Tow hook brackets are not needed, i was going to get either the hooks or the hitch and went with the hitch so i can swap a winch from front to rear eventually. It makes a super strong recovery point.

My friend bought one right before our last wheelin trip. It ended up just being a shovel. I think it was the hidden hitch, but I can't remember.His is the middle XJ.
WITC142.jpg

Has anyone installed a front hitch with the stock steering skid in place? I know the general consensus is that the skid is worthless, but it does a nice job of keeping the bottom of the motor free from all the salt and nasty we have on the roads here. Can the stock skid just be notched to accomodate the hitch, or does the hitch sit too far down to clear it?

Back