• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electrical Problems

JeeperJustin

NAXJA Forum User
I have recnetly encountered two different problems; they may or may not be related.

1. My horn does not work anymore... i hav tried replacing the horn itself to no avail. traced the wiring back to firewall... haven't taken steering apart yet.

2. Blower motor does not function anymore. died out on me about a year ago. figured it was the motor itself on my '91. upon testing with multimeter, motor is notthe problem, no power to the motor. checked fuses.

The blower motor is really bugging me as it gets really cold and really hot in NM. Anyone offer any ideas as to how i could best diagnose / correct either problem?

Blower Motors often have a resister block that controls there multi-speed, the wires running down to from the control switch plug into it and then it plugs into the blower motor. The resister block is usally near the blower motor and mounted on the plenum for air from the motor. Thats how it controls the fan speed, by the air from the blower flowing over the resister block and cooling the resisters.

Have you tried the horn switch at the steering wheel itself, may have to pull the cover off the steering wheel or find the connector in the column? Check for continuity as you press the horn button.

if the blower motor only works on High then it's probably the resistor pack. My 87 randomly dies, I have to pop out the radio and then reseat the connector on the passenger side of the HVAC control unit. One day I'm going to pull the dash and put new spade connectors on those wires, the plastic conector has melted and wobbles.

Back