• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need longer slip yoke

Comanchedude

NAXJA Forum User
Question

I just completed an SOA on my MJ and I don’t like how little slip yoke is left in the tail shaft
It is only about 1.5 inches and that is quite a bit less than stock and I am sure that will pull out off road
So I want to install a longer drive shaft yoke I understand the YJ yoke will work and is an inch longer
Does anyone have one for sale or can you direct me to a good site to buy a new one that is not 60+ dollars?

Thanks

A Yj yoke is only like 3/8" longer.
syoke9.jpg

Not sure offhand about the length, but the yoke from the 1st gen S-10 trucks fits the spline count on the 231 t-case. Just a thought.

RCP Phx said:
A Yj yoke is only like 3/8" longer.
syoke9.jpg

It may only be 3/8 longer. Look at the difference in clearance though. I had one that hit the yoke and a yj yoke fixed it.

But it's not going to give you much length.

Thanks for the accurate information!

I will need to have the shaft lengthened then; extra 3/8 will not make me feel comfortable.
I have read several folks have not had to change anything with the drive shaft on a MJ SOA but I can't imagine 1.5 inches would stay in when flexing the rear axel

Last edited:
flexing doesnt pull the driveshaft any further from the tcase (one tire up, one down, pumpkin stays in the same spot) its actual droop that does it, lift the truck (by the body), then see how much is left in, it cant go much further than that

Back