• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MOOSE w Renix Q

I don't think so. The RENIX system is "pre-OBD," and I don't think adaptive cylinder conditions were something that happened until OBD-II had been out for a few years - say, 1999 or so.

Then again, I may be wrong. However, I've not seen anything that would indicate that that would be the case.

Why are you asking? Having trouble - still?

5-90

im going to say no.. simple proof is you can disconnect an injector and it will still start and run

Okay, so I can eliminate that... I'm asking cause I'm back to working on the Jeep soon... Seems the weather here is going to start to warm up finally.

I have had the Jeep for sale the last two weeks... I know I know... But no I've accepted I'm not going to get help fixing my Jeep and now took back off the market. I had several very nice offers over $1000 for it AS IS. The though of fixing it and riding it again seem worth alot more than over $1000 personally. Call it a like father like son thing. Dad refuses to let his go cause he rather fix it n ride again.

Anyway, this week I plan to remove the fuel rail and injectors and replace em with a rail n injectors from the JY. Anything I should know? How to remove injectors or anything. Matching what years or whatnot.

I know I've been away for a little while but I'll be blowing these boards up again soon and till the fall or so when it gets cold again I plan to stay at it till it rides again! I still dream of the day it starts up n what I'ma do when it does...

Hahaha, I shoulda read it a second time, I woulda caught fuse links not fuses... LOL

I've to replace them. But the looked fine when I checked them out. I dont remember but I don't recall that book u sent me via email getting into detail about em. You got something that will show me where they begin and end? where I can trace em to n what they connect to...

MOOSE16285 said:
Hahaha, I shoulda read it a second time, I woulda caught fuse links not fuses... LOL

I've to replace them. But the looked fine when I checked them out. I dont remember but I don't recall that book u sent me via email getting into detail about em. You got something that will show me where they begin and end? where I can trace em to n what they connect to...
They all begin on the start relay.

relayscopy.gif

Last edited:
a blown fuseie link could be mooses problem.. glad he finaly got a round tuit for the sake of his jeep... moose have u taken the wiring diagram and checked continunity from the ECM to every connector / sensor yet?

check the link with your meter i got a new one at pep boys they sold them... as for the wiring diagram there are some out there on the internet (HINT HINT)

Is on that 100 pg book? i also had a 10 page one i printed along w it but iunno exactly where it is... the 100 pg one i printed n put plastic wrapped each page into a binder :-D which one do i wanna look for fuse links?

MOOSE16285 said:
Is on that 100 pg book? i also had a 10 page one i printed along w it but iunno exactly where it is... the 100 pg one i printed n put plastic wrapped each page into a binder :-D which one do i wanna look for fuse links?
Page 97

Here I colored them in for you.
One big wire on the bolt terminal goes to the battery, all the other wires under the "bolt terminal" are fuse links.

Flinks.jpg

Alrighty, pretty good nite, now to work. What exactly am wanting to do here? Ohms test? The green wire has ab an inch of its insulation melted... Def a high temp ran through it. But no splits I could see.

Last edited:
pull on the fusible links, if it streches it's bad.
Then run an ohmmeter across them. If it's melted its probably bad.

K, I pulled the injectors out n fuel rail... hot dam that was dirty! anyway i can clean the manifold holes w/o knockin the crap inside the engine? I'm sitting down for some breakfast then gonna mess with the fuse links... Langer, what page was the fuse link thing... I dont have a pg97, thats my notes page

Back