• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing for 35's

Starboard M

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Im trying to find the right backspacing for 35's. A friend of mine has 2'' of backspacing with 35s, but it seems that not many people run that much backspacing. I am worried about the tire rubbing on the back of the front wheel well, as well as the wheel bearings. Ive also been looking at wheels, and have not found all that many with that much backspacing. I will have to special order the wheels if I go anything over 3''. So is it worth it?
It will be on a 5.5'' TnT long arm, with 35x12.5x15 MTRs. Thanks.

The most common rim amd backspace used is 3.75".

3.75 and the tires do rub th control arms a little, just adjust your steering stops.

It has a bit to do with the type and brand of your control arms too...the TNT's are inset a little more and seem to offer the ability to run a higher numbered backspace and still get away with it.

watch getting wheels with so little backspacing that it puts a lot of weight right at your bearings. That can cause them to wear really fast. Friend of mine had a Rubi and had wheels like that and burned through bearings every 15k miles

So I have talked with a couple companies, and I havent had very much luck with any of them. Right now I have 32s on 15x10 with 4'' of backspacing. I would like the keep fairly close to that, so with a 15x8 wheel I would need 2'' of backspacing. However, I have not found very many wheels with that amount of backspacing. The Cragar Soft 8s only come up to 4'' of backspacing, according to Jegs, so that is out. The American Racing 767s can come in 3.25'' of backspacing, but they are special order and dont come in powder coating.
Anyone else with ideas on where to get wheels, or companies that make wheels with little backspacing?

Back