• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RK Long arm install issue

xjrrrdx

NAXJA Forum User
Well I just got the 3 link for my XJ. I installed the lowers but on the upper I have an issue, it says drill through the frame rail, not a problem. But with the illustrations given the I will have to drill right where my rock rails are. Am I correct on this or am I just misreading this??

tealcherokee said:
ummmm....i dunno, theyre YOUR rock rails.....not rock krawlers..... time to modify the rock rails
Sounds about right. Maybe cut off the fron rock rail mount, move it back to clear the torque arm mount, and weld it back up. Just noticed it would kind of suck if your old rock rail holes overlap your torque arm holes.

What kind of rock rails are you running? this might help!

xjrrrdx said:
Well if they do overlap cant I just get a metal plate and weld that to cover it then redrill?
That sounds good, didn't know you had access to welder. Maybe just plate the whole unirail.

Yeah I know a guy at a muffler shop who will weld most small pieces for me for free. He welded the LA brackets on.

If it comes down to it, i think i will cut the rock rail mount and move it over like 6 inches then have him weld it then re-mount it and hopefully that will end all that. Will that be safe moving the mount.

Damn i am tired I forgot to mention this is the RK Long Arm Upgrade.

Last edited:
Back