• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9s. . . .

ZomBrady

Chubby Chaser Extraordinaire
NAXJA Member
Alright, I have three fullsize Ford passenger cars from the 60's sitting over in my mom's yard. I'm wondering what you guys think the odds are that those Ford nines might be 31 spline as opposed to 28 spline. The cars are, two 67 Galexies one is coded for a 428 and the other is coded for a 390 bigblock, and the other is a 66 Tbird with a 428 bigblock in it too. . . . Really I need to get over there and just pull them apart and see for myself but it never hurts to ask.

SBrad001 said:
Alright, I have three fullsize Ford passenger cars from the 60's sitting over in my mom's yard. I'm wondering what you guys think the odds are that those Ford nines might be 31 spline as opposed to 28 spline. The cars are, two 67 Galexies one is coded for a 428 and the other is coded for a 390 bigblock, and the other is a 66 Tbird with a 428 bigblock in it too. . . . Really I need to get over there and just pull them apart and see for myself but it never hurts to ask.

I think if the flange has two holes in it its a 28, if its has 3 its a 31. you will be able to see this without doing anything.

BRIANHO13 said:
I think if the flange has two holes in it its a 28, if its has 3 its a 31. you will be able to see this without doing anything.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind this weekend.

Back