• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED STOCK MJ HEIGHT...please

cwlongshot

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to see what I have now for lift on the MJ, based of the factory height. I KNOW what I put in, just think the front sagged a bit....

My front measures 20" center of hub to flair FRONT and 20.5 in the rear. Actual height is 34.5 FRONT and 36 in the rear.

I KNOW XJ's are 16.5/16 F/R. Not sure on the MJ.

I'm puttin in the lift this week end and would like to have a base line to compair it to.

Thanks,
Bri

cwlongshot said:
I KNOW XJ's are 16.5/16 F/R. Not sure on the MJ.
Correction - that's 17.5F/17.0R on the XJ when measured from center of the hub to the bottom of the flare. Unfortunately, I still haven't seen a reliable MJ measurement even on NAXJA...the front should be the same but I haven't seen that confirmed.

Here are my numbers, 88 Comanche, 4.0, 5spd, 4wd, short bed, 31X10.50R15, Truxus MT's.
Sitting on a level driveway,
Ground to bottom of front flair, 32.5 in.
Center of wheel to bottom of front flair, 18 in.
Ground to bottom of rear flair, 34 in.
Center of wheel to bottom of rear flair, 19.5 in.
These numbers are approximate because it is dark outside.
I hope this helps.

For the benefit of anyone searching - measurements from the ground are completely irrelevant. Tire size, pressure, and even manufacurer will change the height of the tire. However, the distance from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flare will be the same whether the rig is running 27" or 29" tires...

The front should be the same as the XJs. I don't remember what my MJ was before the SOA and it'd be pointless to measure it right now since the back end is on jack stands.

Thanks everyone!!

YES please measure yours too, the more the better, we can take an average!!

I have USED 3" + RUSTY's coil up front and think they have sagged a bit. I also have 1.75+ XJ shackle in the rear. As we all know the MJ shackle is already 2" longer than the XJ model. So the lift I am getting is unknown, once you factor in sag.
Thinking....thinking...XJ = 3" ...plus dbl actual lift....lifted shackle somewhere around 7" hole to hole.....which is 2" longer than a MJ shackle...producing a actual lift in my MJ of....about an 1". ;)

Thank you all again!!

CW

Back