• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Liner?

2 1/2" is the correct size.

It's good to use the stuff with the lip, otherwise the liner will work it's way out the side of the springs on the ends if the end of that leaf is too far away from the spring clamp. You'll have to knock a section of the lip off to clear the u-bolts.

Oops, I see that it's not available anymore in 2.5" with the lip. Bummer.

I’d be afraid to run it the full length of the leafs since it might compress where the u-bolts squeeze it over time and make them loosen up. A lot of factory springs have some kind of nylon bushing at the ends of the leafs where they would rub most to let them slide. You might do something similar and put around 6-8” strips at the ends of each leaf.

It's made to run full leaf. Been doing it for years.

If I don't run it full length, I use a short section in the middle under the spring plate and the pads on the ends. No problem keeping the u-bolts tight.

Thanks to GOATMAN I will be trying out the full length liners on my S-10 / XJ pack. I couldnt find any liner with a lip of any kind so. That was frustrating. So I just went to one of the local plastic shops and bought like 44 FEET of 1/8" x 2-1/2" Black UHMW I ended up with about 10 feet extra measured the top S-10 twice etc.. :) We will see how it works I suppose.

XJ Ben said:
Thanks to GOATMAN I will be trying out the full length liners on my S-10 / XJ pack. I couldnt find any liner with a lip of any kind so. That was frustrating. So I just went to one of the local plastic shops and bought like 44 FEET of 1/8" x 2-1/2" Black UHMW I ended up with about 10 feet extra measured the top S-10 twice etc.. :) We will see how it works I suppose.

How did it work?

Back