• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disarming ABS

MarkF

NAXJA Forum User
I completed my D44 swap in the rear so I now want to remove all of the ABS stuff under the hood.

Can I reuse my old ABS MC? How do I redo the lines? Anyone have a writeup?

Thanks

What year is your rig. Pre 92 is integral & can't be taken out without redoing the entire system pretty much, at least that's what I'm told. I've removed mine out of a 92. It required a little replumbing, but not bad. In reality you don't even have to redo the lines if you don't want to. Just unplug the ABS computer under the dash above the gas pedal & go. This will turn off the ABS light also.

Matt

Sorry, it is on a 96.

I've pulled the plugs from the brain under the rear seat, and I pulled the relays from under the hood. I don't know which fuse it so I haven't sone that. But I noticed my braking is much worse, of course the 32" tires could have something to do with it.

I read somewhere that MC is different, with the ABS MC pushing less fluid, b/c of the ABS accumulator. Not sure if that was true or not.

Back