• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 6" lift spring

el_roy1985

NAXJA Forum User
Since my Skyjacker leaf broke and they wont replace it, I am wondering what spring set I should go wtih. So far I'm pretty sure I'll go with Rusty's 6" leaf pair. At 299 dollars it seems like a decent price. Anyone have any comments on their quality or have a different spring suggestion?

deaver!

el_roy1985 said:
Since my Skyjacker leaf broke and they wont replace it, I am wondering what spring set I should go wtih. So far I'm pretty sure I'll go with Rusty's 6" leaf pair. At 299 dollars it seems like a decent price. Anyone have any comments on their quality or have a different spring suggestion?
I just got some tomken 6" leaf packs, they are really nice but more expensive than rustys, you get what you pay for though. I have some pics if you like. My buddy has rustys 6" packs and they are really slim compared to tomken packs. And I agree with RobertK, deaver are really nice if you can afford them.

Deaver and National both make really good spring packs. It's been my experiance deavers are better than nationals.

Rubicon Express offers a 6 leaf 5.5" pack now as well, and its bloody cheap if you buy through one of the club vendors. I just ordered a set for somewhere in the ballpark of $275 (plus shipping..).. Cant say how they ride yet, they havent arrived - but i was happy with my RE 3.5" springs when I was at that height.

Those were some quick responses. Rusty's does have a warranty that covers their products for as long as you own your vehicle. It would be nice to get some first hand feedback on the ride quality and whether they start to sag or not.

Either way it will be nice to get a full suspension lift instead of the 3" skyjacker with 2" blocks, YUCK!

I think you will find that the quality of rusty's gear has not endeared him to alot of the people here. Granted, thats more what he fab's than just what he resells.. his welds are crap and he does nothing about it. I know several people who have had rusty's control arms or trackbars break on the highway, one was sent out of control of the road and nearly killed.

Make your own decision, but I wont suggest rusty's on principle. :)

well I was always someone that thought the bad talk towards rusty's was because of mostly older products he had and now they must have been better made or designed. But as of this morning I will never buy or own another rusty's POS item. I bought rough country springs for only 89ea and they have been good to me so far. they too come with a lifetime warranty, but RC is a Much larger company that has like 5 sister companys that also are susp. type company's. Yeah their stuff isnt anything to write home about but I would rate the service and items from rough country better then rusty's....

ROBERTK said:
well I was always someone that thought the bad talk towards rusty's was because of mostly older products he had and now they must have been better made or designed. But as of this morning I will never buy or own another rusty's POS item. I bought rough country springs for only 89ea and they have been good to me so far. they too come with a lifetime warranty, but RC is a Much larger company that has like 5 sister companys that also are susp. type company's. Yeah their stuff isnt anything to write home about but I would rate the service and items from rough country better then rusty's....
what happened this morning??

buddy with a TJ ordered Rusty's lower cost steering setup and installed it on a 4.5" TJ. well it fit good when I went over to look at it.

I called rusty's and asked to confirm that the 7" lift will not bind at all with his setup. He said not at all, as long as you have a drop pit arm. We'll I got that with the full traction kit and told them so. He said its a great setup for that size lift. I ordered one.

After two days later a friend that totalled his TJ said he had thier kit from his rig in the back yard. It was removed for a full high steer and was in great condition. SO I installed it. Well proceeded to. I would be Lucky to get 4-5" of down ward travel out of the pass side with the POS setup! So I left it off adn went to a stock setup that a guy on here was nice enough to give me in good cond.

So I called them this morning to get a return # adn they gave me one but ensured me that all I will get is store credit! F*()& That! I bought it on American Express and they Lied... I will be doing a charge back after the tracking number shows that it was signed for.

Fuck Rusty's!

ROBERTK said:
buddy with a TJ ordered Rusty's lower cost steering setup and installed it on a 4.5" TJ. well it fit good when I went over to look at it.

I called rusty's and asked to confirm that the 7" lift will not bind at all with his setup. He said not at all, as long as you have a drop pit arm. We'll I got that with the full traction kit and told them so. He said its a great setup for that size lift. I ordered one.

After two days later a friend that totalled his TJ said he had thier kit from his rig in the back yard. It was removed for a full high steer and was in great condition. SO I installed it. Well proceeded to. I would be Lucky to get 4-5" of down ward travel out of the pass side with the POS setup! So I left it off adn went to a stock setup that a guy on here was nice enough to give me in good cond.

So I called them this morning to get a return # adn they gave me one but ensured me that all I will get is store credit! F*()& That! I bought it on American Express and they Lied... I will be doing a charge back after the tracking number shows that it was signed for.

Fuck Rusty's!
That sounds like an ordeal, what would you do with their store credit anyways, buy some pin-up model shirts, spare tire covers etc. thier only decent products in my opinion. Good luck, I had their tie rod conversion kit and it is pretty hoakey, do not recomend it, I got it for real cheap and now I know why.

I have to disagree on the negative comments on Rusty's products. I have his 4.5" coils and packs and they ride/flex amazing. I'm running a roof rack, jcr rear bumper and tire carrier, and have no sag at all. My friend is running RE 4.5 packs and hes sagging a good 1.5" just from his roof rack. I have read about rusty's welds and i check my control arms on a regular basis, but i can 100% recommend his springs. The best all around value based on quality and customer service hands down.

so deaver makes the best leafs, Re is good, Rustys is crap? so if i want a 3" spring i should go RE? I would love deavers, but who wouldnt? SO which main line vendor springs are the best?

I ordered a set of leafs from Rusty's. I guess I will be able to say for myself how good the springs are. As far as the stearing parts go, I will probably be making my own setup since everything aftermarket is so expensive.

91 Jeep Project said:
All of that good input for nothing.

yeah why ask and get so much info about a company as well as an option that is less exp. and prolly better product with a much larger ability to warranty and will be around long after rusty's passes on....

good luck.....

Back