• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE coils

or 7

i don't know

Thats what I've been told, after they settle a bit. They will be taller when new. But it does vary with different jeeps it seems.
I will find out in a week or so, I have some on the way.
SD

i just called peter at rubicon express and he said they should give the same amount of lift on a cherokee as they do on a tj.

but then why the different part number?

cherowagon said:
i just called peter at rubicon express and he said they should give the same amount of lift on a cherokee as they do on a tj.

but then why the different part number?

if thats true they will be 6"++

How about 5.5",RE springs typically produce about 1" higher than advertised(based on their application).Using TJ springs in an XJ typically nets 1" less than the "TJ's" advertised lift.

why not use xj coils? because these ones were free.

and i would trust the guys there would know that the coils are the same height between an xj and a tj, even if it really means 6.5" instead of 5.5".

compressed spring height of the xj 3.5 superflex that i have now is 15 inches and the tj coils compressed is 18.5 inches

RCP Phx said:
Using TJ springs in an XJ typically nets 1" less than the "TJ's" advertised lift.

I was just wondering how you know this, or where did you find this out? Reason I am asking is that I have OME 934 (ZJ V8 coils) on my XJ now with .75" spacers. I am looking to go taller, and my guy recommended OME939 coils (TJ 4" coils). Will I get 4" of lift, or will I end up with 3" of lift.

Ultimately, I would like to end up with about 3.5-4". BTW, I have an ARB bull bar and Warn M8000 winch on the front. Thanks.

TTT
I wanna know about the OME939 coils
TIA

flash_gordon said:
The 5.5"' coils are not listed as an XJ coil, they are a 4.5" ZJ coil.
It is still an XJ Coil also, on an XJ the net about 6" and on a ZJ they net about 5.5, RE always states less lift so that after they settle they will still be at or a little above the advertised lift height

Back