• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some strange vibes....

Jeffro600

NAXJA Forum User
I got some crazy vibrations on our last outting on the way back. I chocked it up to snow being packed in every which nook and cranny of the driveline. I melted all the snow off yesterday and took it for a drive today. When accelerating, you can go as fast as you...but when you let off at anything over 40 MPH, it starts vibrating like crazy. Im not talkin about death wobble or a little shimmy....it feels exactly like your driving over those "wake-up" strips on the highway. You can feel the vibration in the steering wheel, feel it in the pedals and in the shifter. It only does it when you let off though....if you let off before 40, it drives normal, anything over 40 in any gear and it vibrates the instant you let off all the way till you come to a rolling stop despite getting back on the throttle. I thought maybe it was a driveshaft problem so i pulled the front one and drove it....same thing. Pulled the rear and drove it with the front engaged...same thing. A checked all the steering/trackbar/lugnuts, hub nuts and just about every other nut and bolt involved in the driveline/steering and they were all tight.

WTF?!?!?!

It would be a slower vibration then and wouldnt be so pronouned....

Im running balancing beads anyways so a tire out of balance is next to impossible.

Back