• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4wd Light

jeepinxj01

NAXJA Forum User
Question, may by stupid, but oh well. I have the NP231 TC and the "part-time" light on the dash doesn't come on when I'm in 4wd. I know the TC is engaged, but it's just not lighting up. It did this once before when we had the last snow here in Indiana, and the next time I used 4wd it lit up. Now it's not. Is that anything I should worry about, is it just a bulb or a fuse burnt out, or is there something wrong w/ the system? Thanks

KyS

jeepinxj01 said:
Ok....so it's not an "idiot light" telling the driver something is wrong when it's not on?

The 'Part Time' and 'Full Time' (for NP242 owners) lights should be illuminated when the transfer case is put in any range other than 2HI or N. It's not an idiot light.

jeepinxj01 said:
I've got a 231 in an '01 XJ w/ 2" of lift. I just wanna make sure it's just an idicator light that's burned out.

The only way to know for sure is to pull the instrument panel fascia and check.

Back