• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum problem?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Every so often my AC doesn't want to blow cold air but it blows hot air. So moving the turn knob couple of times gets it going (I ussually turn both the ventilation type knob as well as the temp knob). So I'm wondering, should I look into doing the vacuum lines? It's a 98XJ and the vacuum lines have never been touched...... Any tests that I can run? I don't have cruise control so that test is out of a question.....

Kejtar

I would disagree on this. I would check the door that pull air thru the core or around it. Possable it is jammed? If it is operated by vacuum I would look to the solinoid that controls it to make sure it moves when the controll is moved. in this case the FSM is your friend.

Rev

OK, but a heater control valve that isn't closing will cause the A\C to blow hot air.

Kejtar, they are only $13 new and if it doesn't fix the problem, take it back. It's located under the hood, passenger side back near the firewall.

ok... I will have to find some time to dig into it :( :( Grrr it seems like every time I turn to do something, something else falls appart either on the jeep, or something has to be done in the house...... ok... the following weekend... maybe :D

Kejtar

SactoXJ said:
OK, but a heater control valve that isn't closing will cause the A\C to blow hot air.

Kejtar, they are only $13 new and if it doesn't fix the problem, take it back. It's located under the hood, passenger side back near the firewall.

What else could it be called? I looked in the fsm and I couldn't come up with what you're refering to :(

Kejtar

Remi. its the little valve that is on the input to the heater core, open to allow coolent into the core when you call for heat. I still think its the mixer door. You did check for vacuum on the HVAC system.....right?? Can you switch the location the air comes out of??

Rev

OK... this is the table of contents and I can't seem to find a water valve either. Possibly should I be looking at heater/ac housing door as that's responsible for blending air and heating...

Kejtar

ACCUMULATOR
BLOWER MOTOR
BLOWER MOTOR RELAY
BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR
BLOWER MOTOR SWITCH
COMPRESSOR
COMPRESSOR CLUTCH
COMPRESSOR CLUTCH RELAY
CONDENSER
DUAL FUNCTION HIGH PRESSURE SWITCH
EVAPORATOR COIL