• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lock rite for trak loc D44?

i am not having any luck? is there an application for this trak loc case? on all application charts ive come across it shows only 30 spline d44 open, so i take that to mean that there is not application for it?

heres my situation, i have a scout dana 44, 3.54, with trak loc, and bad side gears, beingthe only thing keeping me from installing it in my XJ. Later this year, probably summer time, im going to go to bigger tires and regear, so the carrier will be different, i already have a good carrier for the lower gears, but it is an open carrier.

If the reason that im not seeing two part numbers is because the same locker fits the open and trak loc diffs, that would be ideal, but this seems too good to be true, and almost impossible. Im sure some of yall will know for a fact, that im probably looking for a locker that doesnt exist?

adam spencer

You can get a powertrax no-slip for a trac-loc carrier, but I wouldn't with a 70's trac-lok, as I have personally blown one up on mild terrain (in a Scout II D44), and had a buddy do the same in his Scout. The metal in the 70's trac-locs is suspect. If you have an open carrier, use it as it will be alot stronger than the trac-loc from that scout axle, and then your options will be much greater...

Back