• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94+ steering column on 93- XJs

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I searched around some and found only a little bit of info on this. Will the 94+ Chryco columns use the same connections as far as to the shaft and the bolt holes as the GM? I believe the holes will all be in the same spots. The only thing I'm worried about is that newer style lock cylinder/ignition switch combo thing. How much of a PITA would it be to adapt that newer style column to the older XJs? If anyone knows ANY info on this or if anyone has done it let me know.
Thanks
-Collin

Last edited:
I've been considering this mod for a while now, I'm going to swap out the locks to match the ignition as well. As soon as I get my hands on a good column, I'll start the mod, and write-up. Unless someone has already done it.

brendon800 said:
I've been considering this mod for a while now, I'm going to swap out the locks to match the ignition as well. As soon as I get my hands on a good column, I'll start the mod, and write-up. Unless someone has already done it.
I think you will be the first. Please let me know how it goes. If I had extra money to toss around right now I'd just go rip one from a junkyard and try it but I'm currently not really in that position so....yeah. I will be very interested to know how it goes though. If anyone else wants to chime in I'm still looking for ideas.

Back