• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

INSTALLED 9" NOW EBRAKE CABLES TOO SHORT

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
From what I have been abel to find everyone suggests yj lines...but these go directly to the ebrake handle, this is on a 98 xj where the lines go up to connect to a single line behind the tcase. Any idea where to get a longer (about 10-12" longer) drivers side line, I think my pass side is long enough.

BRIANHO13 said:
From what I have been abel to find everyone suggests yj lines...but these go directly to the ebrake handle, this is on a 98 xj where the lines go up to connect to a single line behind the tcase. Any idea where to get a longer (about 10-12" longer) drivers side line, I think my pass side is long enough.
Don't know how the 9" ebrake cable mount on the brake side looks, but look into the crown vic ebrake lines. I have used those when I converted my 44 do disks and I had to shorten one a fair a mount (the other only a little).

When I did my 8.8, I took the cables off of a (XJ) 27 slpine 8.25 and put them on the 8.8. They swapped no problem and they work fine. HTH Brian.

Last edited:
or you could just order some new ones that are made to what you need.

i ordered a set of stock cherokee cables that were 4 inches longer

inline tube .come

you can also order any end you want on each side.if you want a cherokee end at the frame and a toyota end at the axle they will do it

Does it have disks? If so, Mepco(Teraflex plus) sells one for the TJ that works great. I bought theirs and then had Six States make a passenger side cable. I have a Currie 9" with disks. E-Brake will lock up the 35's at 25 mph. Yj and early XJ cables have a different cable than the ones that work with the newer cherokee linkage. They will have way too much cable on the linkage end.

Mine when I got it
2006_0114006.jpg

What if should look like
2006_0203001.jpg

Back