• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 keeps stalling but starts right up

fobin

NAXJA Forum User
My daughter has been reporting a problem to me lately about her Cherokee stalling. I thought I would throw a vague question out there to see if I can get a good starting point. Would a CPS cause stalling? I see alot of posts about not starting. It seems to happen when warmed up. She says she will be driving and it will just stop running. The radio stays on so It seems to be keeping DC going somewhere. It is a 95 sport with about 105000 miles. She says it might happen every other day to maybe twice a day. I checked and found no trouble codes.

Thanks

I'd guess IAC then. ECU can't adjust the idle fast enough to keep the torque converter from stalling the motor. Take it out of the throttle body and clean the passage way with some TB cleaner and pipe cleaner pieces.See if that doesn't help.

Check all the transmission mounting bolts! I had that problem on my old 87.
It would stall out at every stop, start right back up! Trust me on this one and check to make sure the tranny is bolted tight to the engine!!!

never hurts to check the fuel system. For a good overall test of the system, check your fuel pressure with a gauge. Should be at about 30-31 psi at idle.

Back