• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Measurment

The new bushing I saw was the same width as the old one. Are you refering to the ones that place the rubber bushings with a press in steel surround, a weird poly bushing, and a plastic sleeve? I think they may call them their three piece design.

Interesting. My new bushings were wider than my old ones?

I dont have the specs handy. :)

I've only see the one set and we just slammed them in and they went right back into the stock frame mount. Hmmmm.

The stock mount yes. I use the RE drop brackets, and I had to spread them open a bit wider to put the new control arms in.. where the old style fit easily.

cal said:
The stock mount yes. I use the RE drop brackets, and I had to spread them open a bit wider to put the new control arms in.. where the old style fit easily.

Ditto. I had to make a spreader out of half inch threaded rod and 3 nuts. Put all the nuts on the threaded rod inside the bracket -on one end put two nuts jamed together. The other nut is what you turn to spread with. The rod goes through the drop bracket LCA arm mount and I turned the nuts against the inside bracket surface to open the bracket.

I believe the new RE piece is about a half inch wider than the original design.

Back