• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bolt and weld rear shock hoop?

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
so who makes um, the bars in the back to mount the long travel shocks on, saw the one from cross enterprises aint a big fan..

I like something like this, any companys sell bolt in or do I have to build one?

also what do you think of this lower shock mount, Im liking It but not sure how It would work on the rocks? These pics came from an XJ that did desert Racing/Jumping...

so who sells this, or is this custom?

wouldn't be too hard to make, doesn't look very sturdy though, I would think something like that would need to be braced a little better.

I know It was on a desert pre runner type XJ, so I dunno about bracing.

Well I agree It looks somewhats easy to build, but I dont have access to a welder, thats why Im asking If anyone makes bolt in parts like this?

looks like a proto type in the stages of testing. still has the axle mounting points just incase it rips free from the wheel well. I'd try tieing it into the subframe. and if you are hauling any thing in the back and it hits one of those shocks good, what would happen if the shaft got bent or a hole was punched in the body of the shock. expensive and messy

XJ99 said:
I know It was on a desert pre runner type XJ, so I dunno about bracing.

What kind of racing? I don't know of any sactioned races where they allow no cage?

I talked to the guy, It was the original design before he tied It Into a full Interior cage...heres his forsale post on JU, check his sig for more pictures how he tied a cage in

XJ99 said:
I talked to the guy, It was the original design before he tied It Into a full Interior cage...heres his forsale post on JU, check his sig for more pictures how he tied a cage in
you would not need to tie it into a complete cage, it could be done bolt in with a few good braces and supports and the rear seat could still be in there

I took out my rear seat, not worried about that. Strength is obviously an Issue...but the best part is being able to run high travel shocks, easy shock removal, no broken upper bolts, and moving up the bottom shock mount to axle tube or the u-bolt leaf plate...

think Its strong enough for rockcrawling, how bout the straight on angle of the shock? PM me, what do you think you could mock something like this for? $

Back