• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High steer on D44 and w/ mounts in stock location

cLAYH

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I'm gearing up to do my high steer setup and I seem to remeber some problems with doing a highsteer on a D44 that doesn't have the axle pushed forward. Or was it on ones that the axle was pushed forward? I cann't remember and searching didn't turn up anything.

Anyone have any clearance problems? I'm planning to run the drag link right to the arm.

How much of a drop pitman arm are you guys using?

Why would you need a drop piman for hi steer?
Wheather or not you'll have clearance issues depends on how long the hi steer arms you use.
If your coil buckets are in the stock Dana30 position your tie rod and/or drag link may hit the coils at full lock.
I'm running PartsMike hi steer arms with my coil buckets centered above the axle tube with an inverted T style steering, no clearance issues whatsoever.

My coil buckets are in the stock location, but raised two inches. I have Roggy arms (but I don't think he's making them anymore) and I don't have any clearance issues. Well, the TRE at the pitman arm contacts the tie rod occasionally, but it barely skims the back of the tie rod and it's never been an issue. It wouldn't happen at all if the axle was moved even a tiny bit forward, but tire clearance won't allow me to move it forward at all.

D-44 with stock location mounts. I needed to move the axle forward about 3/4" to lessen track bar binding. Running no drop pitman arm, with Inverted T high steer.

Thanks for the replies! I see that many of you are running a T style setup. What made you decide to go this route vs running the drag link down to the arm? Do you have a dead spot at all?

Back