• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a ford mini-starter fit a 4.0

Is a ford mini starter for the 4.0 jeep? If not it probably wont fit without modifaction. If it did fit, it would be listed "Ford and jeep ministarter"

Nope. Different nose length and design is only similar. The timing ring on the flexplate throws things off because they changed the starters on Jeeps in '86 to '87.

I'm thinkin that starter would be bigger than the 4.0 :laugh2:

As I said one time before. If Langer1 tells you its Christmas you better hang your stocking.

creeperjeep said:
Only the pneumatic starter for the k-woppah will fit, not chance on the electric
Oh so what everyone is saying is that you can only buy parts that say they are for a jeep? Okay so I couldn't possibly put a ford rearend under a jeep or put a transfer case used in a chevy in a jeep or use injectors from another make into a jeep, the list goes on etc.... Thanks for all of the worthless comments and also thanks for the real reply I got.

Things like a rearend can be made to fit. Injectors fit right in for a performance mod.

Something like a starter is almost pointless to put into a jeep. And what are you gaining? Thats all everyone is saying.

Other makes parts fit in certain situations, but electrics are a little tougher. Alternators can be made to fit, but starters are intentionally made to fit just a few applications.

Back