• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heartthrob Cat Back Report

Jim D.

NAXJA Forum User
Installed the Heartthrob cat back on my 97 XJ Sport. Only problem: kit anticipated regular suspension, and my Up Country (off road) suspension had a different attachment arrangement at the rear tailpipe hanger. Easy enough to sort out. Mike at Heartthrob took the feedback info in a helpful manner. This was a home garage installation. Did have to cut the OE tailpipe aft of the muffler to get it out from under the car (original exhaust system, by the way). With some emry paper and grease work, got all of the kit parts loose enough to move around for installation/adjustment. OK, to the big part: sound. Mellow...now my Jeep has an exhaust note basically all of the time. Cruising on the highway = pretty quiet. Idle and acceleration/deceleration...definitely have some 6 cylinder power sound. Faster? Who knows...I'm not going to do any formal time tests. Bottom line = I'm happy. FYI, system was less than $200 from JC Whitney, purchase plus postage to my military APO address. I recommend the system.

Sounds (no-pun intended) good and they ship to APO's a serious plus.....

Back