• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chrysler 9 1/4 axle

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
i am getting back into the jeep scene and buying a jeep from a buddy of mine. He claims it has a chryler 9 1/4 inch axle and i have never heard of that swap on a cherokee. could someone explain if this is possible. I explained it could be the 8 1/4 inch but he says no thats not it.

i just went outside and checked my truck. its go one. my truck is a 99 dodge ram 1500 sport with the D44 Front and the Chrysler 9.25 rear. cant say i have heard of anyone else doing a swap of that nature. heck, if anything happens to my baby (the xj is just my B*^ch) then i will put those under it.

HTH
stewie

The newer durangos and 1/2 ton rams use the 9.25. The older body durangos used the 9.25 in some apps (mainly the V-8 tow package I believe) as well.

Never came in an XJ stock...how wide is it? I would think it would be noticeably wider than the XJ axle...PLUS it would have the 5X5.5 BP so there's another way to tell.

043500 said:
TPLUS it would have the 5X5.5 BP so there's another way to tell.
they put the 9.25 in the the dakota as well...and they have the 6-bolt pattern.

from what i've heard, it's a pretty strong axle. and it looks nothing like a 8.25. the 9.25 looks more like a stop sign than an oval with a flat bottom like the 8.25 looks like

Back