• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

which lower control arms

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys you have all been so helpful so far... thanks to everyone.

Im going to have 5 inches of lift and I am going to have to buy lower control arms. Im not rich, id like to add that, But i'd to know what control arms you guys think that I should buy. Im currently leaning on the rustys fixed ones for a 5 inch lift. also which trac bar should i buy? thanks alot guys

Go this route and get flex, adjustable and save a bunch of money.

These are quality CA's by Rough Country

G_20481G_SW_1.gif;pvd1a0c808ef428bfd
Check this link.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...=control%20arms

I've been using them for about a year and love them.They are similar what JKS Mfg offers.

well ill just say that i just got a pair of rustys upper and lower arms for a 5 inch lift and they r the best looking arms i have seen in a long time very tough i couldnt imagine them breaking if u get them u wont be dissapointed but if u have a 5 inch lift u will need uppers too cause the stock ones will pull your axle back and mess up your pinion angle if u have stock uppers and 5 inch lift lowers

rstarch345 said:

I've been using them for about a year and love them.They are similar what JKS Mfg offers.

Please refrain from insulting JKS anymore..........:thumbup:

If you are doing 5" of lift. An adjustable arm for sure, drop brackets would be a plus. I think Rubicon arms are the cheapest worthwhile arms out there...............:dunno:

P.S. 5" lift and the word "cheap" don't mesh very well. If you can't afford to lift it right, then uh, don't lift it.

91 Jeep Project said:
P.S. 5" lift and the word "cheap" don't mesh very well. If you can't afford to lift it right, then uh, don't lift it.

x2

Along the same lines.. Drop brackets are nearly a requirement at that height. Otherwise the bone-jarring ride, and accelerated wear on the bushings would be enough to justify them.

rstarch345 said:

G_20481G_SW_1.gif;pvd1a0c808ef428bfd
Check this link.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...=control%20arms

I dont think you can use the words "quality" and "rough country" together unless you are using them like "rough country lacks quality".... Honestly they blow. But to each their own... rstarch345.. if you like em... :)

Get the rustys. Get the adjustable ones. Love them. :) Get some drop brackets as well.

rstarch345 said:
Quality and Rustys don't go together well either. Honestly they blow. But to each their own... helix.. if you like em... :)

Oh, I keep forgetting to NOT put my Rusty's parts through stuff like this, as there is no way it will hold up.

IMG_1428a.jpg

bodyshop03.jpg

IMG_1417a.jpg

Been running Rusty's lift through 33's, 35's and now on 38's. His stuff holds up as well as the next company's.

Get a little of tired of the lamers brandishing the blanket "It's Junk" comments.

Many many people can vouch for Rustys, not many can for Rough Country.. they make low end budget parts. Thats all there is to it. Nice rigs Daffy :)

Back