• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Steering Tubing Spec

MontanaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting ready to buy some tubing for my steering setup and was thinking of running 1.5" .250 wall DOM. Unfortunatly I can't get that stuff locally, but I can get 1.25" .125 wall DOM. I know I can order from a place like Metal Depot, but I really need the tubing for this weekends project. My drag link will being using 3/4" heims with high mis-alignment spacers that use 5/8" bolts. The tie rod will use 5/8"x3/4" heims. I will be running the surplus center ram off a PSC box and pump.

Now for the question, is the 1.25" tube going to be strong enough? Should I fab it up with 1.25", and replace latter with 1.5"?

Thanks, Greg

there has got to be someone in the area that has it. i ended up driving about an hour to get mine in a pinch.

Hey Greg!

PartsMikePArts has his whole set up with 1.125 with .125 walls. I have run it for about 8 months now with no issues. I do carry a spare TR though.

You've seen me drive and it seems to have held up thus far. :laugh3:

-Avery

BTW. I need to grab that damn DVD from ya too! PM me your add and I'll send a DVD.

cracker said:
Hey Greg!

PartsMikePArts has his whole set up with 1.125 with .125 walls. I have run it for about 8 months now with no issues. I do carry a spare TR though.

You've seen me drive and it seems to have held up thus far. :laugh3:

-Avery

BTW. I need to grab that damn DVD from ya too! PM me your add and I'll send a DVD.

IIRC Parts Mike uses 1.125 with .188 wall.

Mike L said:
IIRC Parts Mike uses 1.125 with .188 wall.

Thanks Lockwood!

You are correct.

Oops :wave:

Led is helping me put my steering together this weekend, I believe we are using 1.25" x.281 wall, tapped for 3/4"x3/4-16 heims, using 3/4x5/8 high misalignment spacers.

Back