• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

external eng. parts and performance

derekrichardson

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 93 XJ with 130k on the 4.0 and only a Dynomax cat back exhaust.

I want to do plugs, wires, cap/rotor, ghetto/fab K&N.

Is there any specific recommendations for the above parts? Also, I may need new exhaust soon and I want to go with a Flowmaster 50 series. Is there a cheaper twin to that muffler? And anyone using a higher-flow cat with good results?

I've used the search but I wanted to print out a list so I can bring it to the parts store and I didn't have good luck finding good answers yet.

Thanks! derek

I have heard good things about splitfire plugs and wires. I prefer accell caps and rotors, but any set with all brass contacts should be good. A hand fabbed intake tube is a good idea if you need to save some bucks. Try the Mac flowpath muffler, I had them on a mustang and liked them. I would think that a higher flow cat would not be much of an improvement without freer flowing parts in the rest of the exhaust.

My personal experience with SplitFire plugs on my 98 XJ was TERRIBLE.... Performance dropped off, gas mileage dropped and engine missed....
Installed Champion Truck Plugs and they have been GREAT !!!! Been using them ever since....

Charles

derekrichardson said:
I have a 93 XJ with 130k on the 4.0 and only a Dynomax cat back exhaust.

I want to do plugs, wires, cap/rotor, ghetto/fab K&N.

Is there any specific recommendations for the above parts? Also, I may need new exhaust soon and I want to go with a Flowmaster 50 series. Is there a cheaper twin to that muffler? And anyone using a higher-flow cat with good results?

I've used the search but I wanted to print out a list so I can bring it to the parts store and I didn't have good luck finding good answers yet.

Thanks! derek

Looks like you need to browse my sites for some ideas.

270hp@4950/327lbft@3750, 1/4 mile = [email protected], 0-60 = 5.6secs :D
Websites - Jeep 4.0 Performance, 4.6L Stroker Build-Up, Dino's Jeep Tricks

Back