• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safari Snorkel -- Help...

88WoodXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I had my snorkel drop shipped at a body shop who proceeded to lose the mounting/hardware for the snorkel. I have the snorkel body, the cap, the hose and the airbox mount.

I do not have the mounting bracket for the upper section of the snorkel nor the bolts, ring clamps or the template for cutting holes or instructions.

I contacted ARB and they told me to buy another snorkel...

Does anyone know what is necessary other than ring clamps, bolts a metal bracket and a template for holes? And if this can be duplicated in some form at my local hardware shop?

Thanks for any help...

^ x2, that's messed up that they aren't taking more responsibility for this. Don't know where you can get the specs for the parts they lost, but they should be doing the legwork on that, not you. Keep us posted on what happens!

ARb doesn't just sell the hardware kits unforunately. They do , but it costs more than the whole new snorkel. If the shop lost them, looks like they're paying for it. No reason you should have to buy anything else.

Chris

88WoodXJ said:
Does anyone know what is necessary other than ring clamps, bolts a metal bracket and a template for holes? And if this can be duplicated in some form at my local hardware shop?
here are a few shots of the a-pillar bracket if you can't get the shop to help you...

IMG_4341.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4344.jpg

Good call Fitch, that helps me a lot too since I got mine used with no bracket. Guess I'll be making one soon!

Chris

someone is a thinker... good call

The hole saw is 89mm, or 3.5".
I don't remember the rest of the measurements.
However, I did find my pictures.
I will only link them here because they are BIG.

Note: The paper template had a square hole in it for the side marker light that you find in non-US XJs. Ignore it.

Snorkel Install 1
Snorkel Install 2
Snorkel Install 3
Snorkel Install 4
Snorkel Install 5
Snorkel Install 6
Snorkel Install 7
Snorkel Install 8
Snorkel Install 9
Snorkel Install 10
Snorkel Install 11
Snorkel Install 12
Snorkel Install 13

I bought a snorkle that did not have the top on it. I did a search on google and found a place in CO. ( if my memory serves me correctly) that got me the top. The cost was about $85 shipped. Unfortunatly I dont have the number handy and I will be out of town for atleast 2 more months. He told me I could get any part I needed. All I can remember is that the guys name was Jason. The search took awhile and I made a number of inquires before I found this guy. Sorry I cant help you out more. Good luck!

Back