• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

comanche Bumper

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 comanche and got hung up on my rear bumper and hitch. Both are rusted pretty badly and I really dont want to just put them both back on. I want something a little more rugged.

What do you guys have for bumpers on you comanches? Preferably with a 2" reciever.

When I used to have my MJ, I had a simple rear bumper made from 2 pieces of 2"x2" square tube with 2" spacers between each tube. The space between the tubes gave me room for extra backup lights, jumper cable quick connect, air fittings, and hot shower fittings. To really improve the departure angle, I cut 1.5" out of the roll pan and installed the bumper almost flush to the tailgate. The bumper stuck out about .5" beyond the tailgate to protect it. This really help with keeping the rear bumper from dragging on stuff.

Rob

Pm me your email address.
If you don't want to build one then I know rockratz has one. I was looking at it. Seems real nice, but kinda pricey at $470

Last edited:
Back