• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Upgrade teraflex vs rock krawler

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
i been searching on the specs of the teraflex and it seems they didnt advertise them on their page or any other site to compare them whit the rock krawler

Teraflex is 295 but only 2 arms and the brackets i already have the other arm

Rock Krawler is 475 3 arms and brackets

what you think should i spend the extra coin on the rock krawler or save money and get the teraflex

Go to jeeps unlimited and read the thread on the teraflex junk. The guy practically ruined his cherokee because of these arms breaking on him ON THE ROAD---------------Kyle

and keep in mind that RK has a like 2-3 week back order right now.

I would agree...

I just drove out the full-traction yesterday and bought a front half kit from them for a total price about 30$ more then the cheapest vender could get me the RK stuff.

i run 8 inch rk long arm so far i like it , but i would also consider tnt stuff , unforunetly i never really thought about them when i purchased me kit .

TNT does seem to have arguably the best LA kit out there right now.

cal said:

why is it better then some others? I have to say theres only one Pro over the other big names out there... Lower control arm mounting location is higher..

But theres also one Con over a few kits out there. Radius Arm design.

Still a nice kit though

ROBERTK said:
why is it better then some others? I have to say theres only one Pro over the other big names out there... Lower control arm mounting location is higher..

Still a nice kit though

The radius arm design has not proved to be a problem for anyone so far. The design of the frame end mounts is nice, with a good HD cross member and mounting inside of the frame rails so you do not lose as much clearance as you do with other kits. The shape of the arms themselves is very nice, you get minimal risk of arms dragging on the rocks stuffing a front tire where it should be clear. Just in general it is a very good design. They stand behind the product and are there to support you if you need it. If i were change my front end again, I'd be going TnT. (I run drop brackets now, but the y-link is on my radar..)

-C

yep, i will never buy tera crap again!
Wil Badger said:
they are both total crap

ROBERTK said:

Still a nice kit though

Radius Arm is a CON? (n) Maybe for the Mall Crawler.....

ROBERTK said:
I would agree...

I just drove out the full-traction yesterday and bought a front half kit from them for a total price about 30$ more then the cheapest vender could get me the RK stuff.

So you're saying that Full Traction finally lightened up and is now selling just the from end?

Sorry for the Hijack.

ROBERTK said:

Still a nice kit though

So the full HD belly pan is just crap? as well as teh ground clearance gain? Shall I go on?

ROBERTK said:

Still a nice kit though

There is nothing wrong with the radius arm design. Though if clearance is not a big issue for you. Then I would put Clayton right up there with TnT. This kit is beefier then TnT, the arms are HUGE. If you break it he will replace it. However if you need alot of clearance, then nothing beats the TnT kit. This kit is well designed and also ver HD. I doubt you could really damagae either setup. Buy accordingly..................:thumbup:

Everyone gets hung up on clearance (pun intended) but honestly the average guy isn't going to bash his control arms. When you think of it realistically you will lawyas have arms in the way. Weather it's short arms on drop brackets, long arms 3 link, radius it doesn't matter. I think what matters is that you do have strong components. I do believe that TnT also warranties their stuff as well. All of them have their pluses and minuses. Good luck with your decision but I think the TnT, Clayton, Full Traction or RK sets will serve you well. Me personally, I wouldn't touch Rusty's but that's because of my bad experiences with them.

wow someone is a little pig headed about what higher frame mounts mean? :lecture:

And as for radius arms. I know huh. All those mall cruiser Jeep engineers and vertually every auto manucature Except Ford love the radius arm design and think so highly of it for the On road applications that they put it in thier engineer designs. Oh and all those Rock Buggys that run a 4link + track or even 3 link are just cruising the malls right? Dude get real and do some homework...

The radius arm isnt all that bad typically but it doesnt hold a stick to a true 4link in strength or design purpose for a front end!

I in no way would say that the TnT kit is a compromise unless you plan on really abusing the RIG, then a true 4 link would be your better choice. Hence, show me a XJ running anywhere near the front of a MDR,SCORE,Jeepspeed class race with radius arm setup......

I was not really familier with the true benifits of a 4 link till I researched it. maybe others could benifit from some research also. Again though its not night and day and YES the LCA mounts hang down some with a kit like the Full-Traction, but I am going to just have to see its a wash for a better stronger setup....

Oh as for full traction selling just a 1/2 kit.. Well I think they will to most anyone but you have to get them on a good day... Otherwise just try back in few weeks and ask again. thats what I had to do.

Last edited:
90Pioneer said:
Doesnt anyone like Rubicon Express long arms?

yeah well if it wasnt so daym expensive for just two arms and a skid setup...

Back