• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flare relocation

mwm

NAXJA Forum User
Well i hacked up my fenders and im thinking about painting my stock flairs and putting them back on. Im just wondering how you other guys reattached the flare back to the body. Im thinkin just some self tapping screws or something along those lines?

Most people use the original mounting hardware over again. Just drill new holes in the sheet metal. ;)

i used those body panels rivets so incase i rub a tree they just pull right off and i can just pop them back on no problem

i used zip ties to put on new TJ flares. AnNd yes, we're serious, but the old hardware or rivets will work too. really whatever is easiest for you.

Chris

yeah, i am serious. the first time i just removed my flares, i went out and bought new bolts to reattatch the flares. that got old fast. so i switched to zip ties. much quicker. and if i ever rubbed them hard enough, they'd snap before anything else.

and after i relocated my flares up, i stuck with zip ties

Back