• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

245/70/15.....on a stock 15x7......I promise I searched!

Jip

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone dealt with this size 245/70/15 on a stock 15x7 wheel?

I'm considering selling my spray painted black factory steelies w/ 235/75/15 retreads in order to get back into a more 'streetable' feel. My XJ is mainly a pavement pounder with the occasional high speed dirt road running between counties.

Any other tire options in terms of a street XJ.....I don't want to go back to the 215/75/15s that were on it.

Any help? Thanks everyone!

I run Cooper 235/75/15 ATR's on my 97 and love um. I too run mostly paved roads but live on a gravel road and run the back roads (gravel) a lot. I noticed a smoother ride as soon as I left the shop with the Coopers.
HT

Jip said:
Has anyone dealt with this size 245/70/15 on a stock 15x7 wheel?

I'm considering selling my spray painted black factory steelies w/ 235/75/15 retreads in order to get back into a more 'streetable' feel. My XJ is mainly a pavement pounder with the occasional high speed dirt road running between counties.

Any other tire options in terms of a street XJ.....I don't want to go back to the 215/75/15s that were on it.

Any help? Thanks everyone!

Sent you a pm.

tirerack.com has a few options in this size, I am actually going to buy the Yokohama Avid S/T, a very good value. A more common and close size is 235-70-15, where you will have plenty of options.

I've mounted a set of 255x70x15's on a set of 7" (cough)Explorer wheels. They are an excellent fit, so you'll have no trouble with 245's.

Back