• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The YJ lives

RichP

NAXJA Forum User
Well, a week after removal of the gas tank, cleaning out the whole rear frame area, priming, repainting and undercoating with a day between layers we got the tank back in and fired it up. Took about 90 seconds of cranking to get the fuel system populated . We are working the pocono 500 today so I guess we start on the BBD carb rebuild maybe tonight or tomorrow, man there are ALOT of parts in that rebuild kit. I had drilled out the vent tubes in it last week with some wire drills I have, started small and worked up, for the first 3 sizes all I was pulling out was varnish, 4th drill change I started to get some brass but that carb cleaner did not get the varnish out like it should have. We also sanded, filled, primed and repainted the nose, front frame and got that back together, looks nice. I did not want to touch that carb till we were sure we had the fuel delivery problem fixed. Runs alot smoother now with the drilled out vent tubes though.

Back