• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
hello

with 5 inches of lift what should I do with my trac bar? should i do a relocation bracket, should i just buy the rusty's adjustable trac bar? is the stock one from a tj longer than the stock one on an xj?

another question. also should I just buy a HD tie rod or should I buy the Hd tie rod AND the drag link. thanks alot.

Never seen Rusty's in action, but I have both the RE adjustable, and the RE "HD" trackbar (which is also adjustable). I would go for the HD trackbar 10 times out of 10, simply due to the way it is mounted at the frame side (requres a replacement trackbar mount, whuch puts a bolt into 4-point bending as opposed to cantilevering a bolt below the brace like the stock mount does). I constantly have to re-torque the Adjustable Track bar (which requires a gianormous cheater bar to torque the thing... with not quire enough travel to be effective) to prevent noise. Haven't had to touch the HD trackbar yet...just a superior design.

EDIT: The above link to Kevins design is very similar to the RE HD trackbar. Good stuff.

Back