• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Dana 60 that is ~63.5"?

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a good donor for a rear Dana 60 that is around ~63.5" wide?

Didn't some 1 ton vans come in that approximate width?

T!

I think most of the 1-ton vans with D-60's are going to be about 65-66".

I can tell you from expereince that a D-60 from a dodge 3/4 ton rear years aprox 84-93 will BOLT into an XJ with the only modification needed being a hybrid 1310/1330 u-joint. This axle is ~ 67" wide

043500 said:

I can tell you from expereince that a D-60 from a dodge 3/4 ton rear years aprox 84-93 will BOLT into an XJ with the only modification needed being a hybrid 1310/1330 u-joint. This axle is ~ 67" wide
what is the bolt pattern for this?

The duallie 1ton trucks will have the narrow 63in WMS. 14bolts on the chevys, d70s on the fords, I think dodge was also d70..

I had a non duallie 76 f350 camper delux that was also D70 63in wms.

all those options would be 8lug full floaters.

Thanks guys.

Here's what I am thinking about, maybe there are non-D60 options.

I have a ~`78 Ford F250 HP D44 for the front. I calculated/measured that if I use Chev knuckles, Scout II spindles and 5 on 5.5" outers (internal hubs - I know) and leave the housing stock this would get me a front axle that was ~65.5" WMS-WMS.

No axle housing or shaft shortening required.

So, for the rear the obvious match would be a cab and chassis Corp 14B at ~63.5" and use a 5 on 5.5" kit to match the pattern. But the C14 has a way large diff. Sure, you can shave it to almost D44 height but...

Was thinking a D60 might work? There is a 5 on 5.5" kit for them as well. Less shaving required.

What about a 9" in this width. No full floater options though, right?

Why 5 on 5.5"? I want all my 4x4s and trailers to be able to share tire/wheel combos.

Root Moose said:
Thanks guys.

Here's what I am thinking about, maybe there are non-D60 options.

I have a ~`78 Ford F250 HP D44 for the front. I calculated/measured that if I use Chev knuckles, Scout II spindles and 5 on 5.5" outers (internal hubs - I know) and leave the housing stock this would get me a front axle that was ~65.5" WMS-WMS.

No axle housing or shaft shortening required.

So, for the rear the obvious match would be a cab and chassis Corp 14B at ~63.5" and use a 5 on 5.5" kit to match the pattern. But the C14 has a way large diff. Sure, you can shave it to almost D44 height but...

Was thinking a D60 might work? There is a 5 on 5.5" kit for them as well. Less shaving required.

Why 5 on 5.5"? I want all my 4x4s and trailers to be able to share tire/wheel combos.

The 9in you should be able to find in that bolt pattern and width. Worst case you could shorten one, and upgrade to a 35 spline third and get custom shorter 35 spline axles shafts 5-5.5, I woudl probibly be easier and cheaper to just shorten a d60 but all the full floaters will be 8 lug.

Id recommend you go 8lug.

tompatjr said:
IIRC, Scout II spindles will not bolt up to a chevy knuckle. Scouts use 8 studs, and chevy use 6.
Holes are drilled, spindles fit.

:D

Root Moose said:

Wrong. Use 14 bolt FF outers and custom shafts for FF 9"

043500 said:

I am running a D60 from an '85 Dodge 2WD 3/4ton. Its is 65"WMS-WMS and in addition to welding some tabs on the pinion yoke so I could reuse my stock XJ driveshaft I also had to fab up some shock mounts. But yes the perches did not need to be moved. I also have not bothered hooking up the e-brake yet either as the cables are too short.

Back