• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 L

geitin

NAXJA Forum User
hi there now I need help

I´m thinking if I could take a 4.0L HO and put all the old 4.0 sensors and stuff og the the HO engine and put the HO in a 90 model XJ and not changing the computer just using the hedd, block and the internals of the HO engine ?????

geitin said:
hi there now I need help

I´m thinking if I could take a 4.0L HO and put all the old 4.0 sensors and stuff og the the HO engine and put the HO in a 90 model XJ and not changing the computer just using the hedd, block and the internals of the HO engine ?????

You CAN swap a HO long block into your Renix Jeep and keep all the Renix accessories except for the intake and exhaust manifolds. The runners of the Renix manifolds won't line up properly on the HO head so get the HO stuff. Since you'll be getting the HO intake manifold, get the TB to go with it. You'll need to lightly modify your Renix TPS to fit.

Dr. Dyno said:
You CAN swap a HO long block into your Renix Jeep and keep all the Renix accessories except for the intake and exhaust manifolds. The runners of the Renix manifolds won't line up properly on the HO head so get the HO stuff. Since you'll be getting the HO intake manifold, get the TB to go with it. You'll need to lightly modify your Renix TPS to fit.
is there a write up on this, because there are a few suttle differences between the renix and HO engines. i am pretty much in the same boat geitin is.

Back