• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rattle can?

rehab

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone painted their jeep using a camo spray paint? i am interested in painting my heep of a jeep a biege sand color. if you have, how does it hold up? i have painted some parts on my jeep with a matted paint and i found that it collects all the mud and the dirt sinks into the pores of the paint. and if anyone knows any tips or tricks, that would be great too.
and this IS a trail rig, and it doesnt have to be perfect. i just dont want paint chipping off when i power wash it.
thanks,
jason

Gillespie Coatings is supposed to be good stuff - I've got one of my instructors restoring a WWII Weapons Carrier with the stuff, and I'm thinking of using it when I repaint my 88.

It comes in spray bombs, and should be easy to find with some Google work (I don't recall the supplier, but a .mil vehicle restoration house or two carries the stuff.)

It's not CARC, but it's probably a close substitute (and civilians generally can't get CARC anyhow...)

5-90

Painted my budget girl with Brush and roller. Now it isn't something you wanna bring your pals real close and brag about... but it looks good from a distance!

Back