• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5" lift uptravel?

xuv-this

bondo afficianado
ok guys. i searched and this is buggin' the crap out of me. i'm runnin RE 3.5" front coils, lca's, and track bar, and i have almost no uptravel from ride height(about 1.5") that's it. i can't for the life of me figure out why it does that, except mabye the springs are too stiff? i can't find any binding, and my downtravel is fine. any ideas?

oh yeah, yes my swaybar is disconnected.

I don't know what tires you're running, or exactly what you are referring to with the uptravel. If you mean the space between the bumpstops (stock top and RE puck on the coil pad) I wouldn't worry about it. Downtravel ("droop") is what you're after. The bumpstops are preventing your tires from getting chewed up by your fenders. Have you trimmed your fenders as well?

Either the bumpstops limit your uptravel or the wheel well/fender does . . .

DR

How old are your springs?

Are your shocks too long?

Have you tried flexing it with the front swaybar connected?

If your springs are new, you should work them out with some weight in back and your front swaybar connected. Flex it out a lot that way and they will work out.

Do you have stock shackles?

the shocks still have room to compress, the wheels don't hit, and there is about 3-4 inches of space between the factory bumps and the pucks. the springs have been on there a couple of years, and i have the 4.0L and a 9000 lb winch. i just can't get it to flex up. beats the crap out of me. are the springs that stiff?

Back