• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Conversion

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I have just picked up my new motor it is a 1999 80k HO xj motor complete has all the assesories I have an 1988 xj and I want to put this motor in mine I did a search but couldn't word it right I quess.

My question is is it posibale and what all do I have to change?

I know that the TPS needs to be modified but what else its a complete motor and want to use all of it.

Thank you for your time and help.
William

You either need to convert the computer over to HO, or you need to use your old intake, injectors, and TB. The 88 has a EGR valve, whereas the HO does not have one. The simple thing is to keep the intake from the old motor.

what does it take to convert the computor over is it just plug and play?

Oh wait its just a jeep cant be that easy.
Do i need the ERG valve I mean can I adapt it into anything on the new motor?

I really want the complete thing in my jeep and from what I did read all the wire conection were the same except the TPS and one other?

Im in the research process now on this........I am planning to use a 2002 motor and renix system....I will use the ho intake and injectors and TB.......I will need to modify the TB for the TPS........ue 2- 02 sensors and pigtail together to renix system or move the 02 sensor farther down the line and plug the 2 ports in the exhast header

xjnation said:
Im in the research process now on this........I am planning to use a 2002 motor and renix system....I will use the ho intake and injectors and TB.......I will need to modify the TB for the TPS........ue 2- 02 sensors and pigtail together to renix system or move the 02 sensor farther down the line and plug the 2 ports in the exhast header

a 2002 motor? From what? a TJ?

helix said:
a 2002 motor? From what? a TJ?

Yep I got it really cheap and 26,000 miles...was hit in the rear of the Tj and broke the DS motor mount points.......but I can easily fix.........got welder and taps........... :D

xjnation said:
Yep I got it really cheap and 26,000 miles...was hit in the rear of the Tj and broke the DS motor mount points.......but I can easily fix.........got welder and taps........... :D

dude... thats hawt... :woohoo:

how much?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA............................got from a body shop off of craigs list the insureance company made them change it out.......and a great guy from PBB is giving me the TB, injectors, alternator, PS, brackets etc to make it al work....for the cost of shipping

OK, I searched the web and came up with this: the motor will work, but you need to change the coil and distributor to the non HO ones and you need to use the non HO flex plate because of the CPS Crank shaft position sensor.
The TPS is also in need of adapting. Everythig else should bolt up.

Does this sound right?

Back