• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj new seats and seat brackets

javik

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, my current 91 xj seats r thrashed and i need some new seats. Cant really find junkyard seats that are any good. Plus, im no welder and i dont want to have to make brackets

I know Mastercraft makes brackets, but i really want a reclining seat. I like the bestop seats but they dont seem to have a bracket for xjs. Has anybody done a write up on putting new seats other than Mastercrafts in a early 90s xj?

Or does anybody make brackets that will allow bestop seats to fit in my xj. Will even pay somebody a fair price if they r bored and want to fab some up. I have power seats, but i wouldnt mind going to regular slide, but something that would bolt on the my current power seat base would rock

SOmebody please help, my back is killing me

Don't limit yourself to XJ seats, ZJ's go right in too...
I had my original driver seat fixed about 2 or 3 years after I got it, welds had broken. Took it to a small auto upholstery shop around 9am and it was done by lunch. They pulled the seat, pulled the cover, fixed two welds and reinforced a few others with steel gusseting, put better foam in then put the cover back on. Best $50 bill I ever handed over to someone..

RichP said:
Don't limit yourself to XJ seats, ZJ's go right in too...
I had my original driver seat fixed about 2 or 3 years after I got it, welds had broken. Took it to a small auto upholstery shop around 9am and it was done by lunch. They pulled the seat, pulled the cover, fixed two welds and reinforced a few others with steel gusseting, put better foam in then put the cover back on. Best $50 bill I ever handed over to someone..
How do the ZJ seats fit in Rich? Much modding?

just measure the distance from the front to the rear bolt. some of them have two holes for one end. make sure the distance matches yours and you're good. They bolt right in and sit a little higher.

on the 97 and up, they bolt right to your xj brackets, and fit nicely as well as they are much more comfortable, got them from a junkyard for a 100 for both of them, cloth.

wvredxj said:
on the 97 and up, they bolt right to your xj brackets, and fit nicely as well as they are much more comfortable, got them from a junkyard for a 100 for both of them, cloth.

That is if you are lucky enough to have a junk yard nearby that hasn't already had every XJ/TJ/YJ/ZJ/WJ seat stripped from it.

I did manage to find a set in an XJ, but they looked worse than the set I already have. Nearly tempted to get a set of *cough* Toyota front buckets to mount.

so basically the only thing that bolts Directly into a 91 cherokee is another 88-95 cherokee seat or the Mastercratf seats with their bracket?

Does anybody know what a fair Reupholstery job would cost for the front 2 seats in a synthetic leather? I have the limited interior.

ZJ seats will only fir in 95 and up xj w/o mods. front only. The older xj's need modding to the brackets. The rear zj will not fit in any xj. they are a completely different setup.

Between Dayton and columbus, and all i can find is really stained or ripped. I have grey interior and seats and most yards that i have found only have really ugly grey seats, got an upholstry estimate of like 400 beans.

I'll sell you the ones out of my 95 xj, gray cloth in good shape for $150 +S&H if i can find soem nice zj seats locally.

I am located in manchester nh. The seats are in great shape but i need to find a set i want and the cash to buy them before i can let them go obv so i can drive my xj. I will try and send you soem pics later today or tomorrow.

i cant believe no one has mentioned Corbeau Baja SS seats. I got one for christmas for my dad, much easier on my back on long drives (I'm only 21, but i broke my back when i was younger). The baja ss fits, and they make 2 different brackets. One bracket replaces the XJ bracket and comes with a slider (~$85). The other bracket bolts to your factory bracket and then to the seat, its an adapter (~$75). The seat itself i got for $160 shipped. So factor in the bracket, and you've got a brand new seat with a slider and no recliner for ~$250. Not too bad. They also match the interior really well. i have the tan one.

is there a seat thats actually lower than the stocker?

Back